Being in the hospital sucks. Besides the fact that you’re some combination of sick and hurt, you’re also a patient stuck in a sterile, boring place. Instead of bringing food (not sure of diet restrictions or nausea) or flowers (everyone brings flowers!) to a loved one, I prefer to bring a goody bag of things to help them through their visit. Recently, a very lovely woman had a hospital stay, and I wanted to bring her a few things to make her a bit more comfortable. Here’s a list of what I brought her…
- face wipes
- wisps (little toothbrush things)
- expanding file folder (for all her doctors notes and paperwork)
- puzzle book
- deck of cards
- pretty tote bag
Depending on who the bag is for and what they’re in the hospital for, other things could include:
- warm, slip resistant socks or slippers
- breath mints or lifesavers
- favorite healthy foods – if diet allows
- pictures of family, or electronic frame with pics
- phone list of family numbers
- movies / DVD player
This is a simple idea that can make a world of difference for someone in the hospital. Any other ideas?
What would make your hospital stay a little better?