We have a lot of basil in our garden. In fact, it has expanded into the lettuce area. The great thing about the basil’s hostile take-over of the garden bed (I think it’s in an alliance with the peppermint) is that we have to find lots of ways to eat it. Oh, darn! One of my favorite basil using recipes is Pasta Caprese. It’s easy, quick, and great for a summer day.
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 1 cup Fresh Basil
- 16 oz Mozzarella
- Pasta, about 1 pound (we usually use Angel Hair)
- Wisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in small bowl. Set aside.
- Chop tomatoes into 1/2-inch squares. Marinate tomatoes in olive oil mixture while cooking pasta.
- Cook pasta, drain and rinse.
- While pasta is cooking, chop mozzarella into 1/2-inch squares, and chop basil.
- Mix pasta, basil, mozzarella, and marinated tomatoes together and serve!
Makes about 6 servings (oh who am i kidding, it’s really more like 3!)
Here’s the recipe: Pasta Caprese. Enjoy!